破渔网兜兜 发表于 2015-2-12 14:00:07

#鱼C五周年嘉年华#N倍奖励<十五>

翻译原文:Extreme sports are very new in America. They usually come from people trying the craziest things. Bungee jumping is a good example. Someone tied a bungee cord to himself one day and jumped off of a very tall bridge. Bungee cords stretch a lot, so the person lived, but he took a big risk to find out if his idea would work. Another extreme sport is snowboarding. A skier decided to stand sideways on one piece of wood to get down the mountain instead of using two skis. People like these dangerous sports because they are exciting.They often do them for “the rush” they get. The first extreme sport might have been mountaineering, or mountain climbing. Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to climb Mt. Everest, gave another reason for doing something so dangerous.When asked why he climbed the world’s tallest mountain, he replied, “Because it was there.”翻译答案:极限运动在美国还很新鲜。通常是喜欢尝试刺激的人参加极限运动。蹦极跳就是一个很好的例子。某天某人用橡皮筋套住自己,然后从一个很高的桥上跳下。橡皮筋有很好的伸张力,所以这个人不会有生命危险,但是要证实自己的想法是否管用还是具有很大的冒险性。另外一个极限运动的例子则是滑雪。一位滑雪者决定使用其中一块木板,侧面站在这块木板上滑下山坡而不是使用两块滑板。人们之所以喜欢这种危险的运动是因为这些运动够刺激。往往就是为了那一股“冲劲”。最早的极限运动可能就是登山,或者叫做登山运动。艾得蒙?希拉里爵士是第一个爬上珠穆朗玛峰的人,他道出了之所以从事这些危险举动的另一个原因。当问到他为什么会选择攀爬世界第一高峰的时候,他回答:因为它在那里。


       翻译篇






    口语

791. He had to choose between death and dishonor.他不得不在死亡和耻辱之间选择。
792. His previous attempts had been unsuccessful.他以前的尝试没有成功。
793. I determined that nothing should be changed.我决定什么都不改变。
794. I don't think it will lead to a good result.我认为这事不会有什么好结果。
795. I have 4 books and 2 magazines to check out.我有4本书和2本杂志要借。
796. I think I've filled in everything correctly.我想各项都填对了。
797. I'm not sure whether I have locked the door.我没把握是否锁了门。
798. It took him a little time to fix that watch.他很快就把表修理好了。
799. My father is at home looking for the ticket.我爸爸正在家里找票呢!
800. Not until last week did I get a work permit.直到上周我才拿到工作许可证。

    每日一句

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.
如果你等的船没有向你驶来,那你就朝它游过去吧。(刮刮乐,挂出大奖)
页: [1]
查看完整版本: #鱼C五周年嘉年华#N倍奖励<十五>