|
马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能^_^
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册
x
翻译原文:These I/O interfaces are also not suited to large data transfers. In the systems in this chapter, each byte of data transferred between an I/O device and memory must pass through the CPU. This is inefficient for many common operations, such as loading a program from disk into memory. Direct memory access, DMA, is a method used to bypass the CPU in these transfers, thus performing them much more quickly. 翻译答案:这些I/O接口也不适合大量的数据传输。在本章的系统中,I/O设备和存储器之间传输的每一个字节都必须通过CPU,这对于许多常见的操作(例如从磁盘向主机存装载一个程序)来说效率低下。直接存储器访问就是在数据传输中绕过CPU的一种方法,因此执行起来速度很快。 其他翻译:He gets a number of perquisites, over and above his salary. “除了薪水外,他还有一些额外收入。”a number of表示“若干,一些”,而表示“许多”,则可以用any number of,或者a good/huge number of。over and above指“多于(正常数量),除了……之外(还)”。
翻译篇
为了照顾不是为了学计算机英语的人(旨在让大家学习地道的短语用)~~
We should confine the discussion to the question at issue.
口语
890. No matter what happened, he would not say a word.不管发生什么事,他也不会说一句话。
891. No one knows the location of the hidden treasure.谁也不知道藏宝地点在哪里。
892. The old lady enjoys a quiet life with her family.老太太和她的家人安享宁静的生活。
893. The population of the city is close to a million.这个城市的人口接近一百万。
894. We are prohibited from smoking on school grounds.我们被禁止在校园内抽烟。
895. Growth, however, brings new problems and concerns.不过,发展也带来了新的问题和顾虑。
896. He appears to be your friend but I doubt if he is.他看上去像是你的朋友,但我怀疑他是否是真心的。
897. I am so full that I would burst with another bite.我吃得如此之饱,我感觉我再吃一口肚子就要胀破了。
898. I have two cats. One is white, the other is black.我有两只猫,一只是白猫,另一只是黑猫。
899. I'm sorry, these 2 books are 3 days overdue.小姐,对不起,这两本书已经过期3天了。
900. Jalu has forgotten falling off his bicycle.詹露早忘掉他从白行车上摔下来这件事了。
每日一句
Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.
世界上有那么多城镇,城镇中有那么多酒馆,她却走进了我的。(刮刮乐,挂出大奖)
|
|